Energy Skate Park
- Conservation of Energy
- Kinetic Energy
- Potential Energy
- Thermal Energy
Learn about conservation of energy with a skater gal! Explore different tracks and view the kinetic energy, potential energy and friction as she moves. Build your own tracks, ramps, and jumps for the skater.
Sample Learning Goals
- Explain the Conservation of Mechanical Energy concept using kinetic energy (KE) and gravitational potential energy (PE).
- Describe how the Energy Bar and Pie Charts relate to position and speed.
- Explain how changing the Skater Mass affects energy.
- Explain how changing the Track Friction affects energy.
- Predict position or estimate speed from Energy Bar and Pie Charts.
- Calculate speed or height at one position from information about a different position.
- Calculate KE and PE at one position from information about a different position.
- Design a skate park using the concepts of mechanical energy and energy conservation.